News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Scripting and Python / Define initial temperature in ...
Last post by Wahid - March 02, 2021, 02:55:41 PM
Hello,

I need to know how to use an output temperature data NT11 from a previous job as an initial PredefinedField in the next job in Abaqus. I need to do this operation many times (100 times for example). I think that i will doing it with a Python Script.

Thank you very much.
Questions and Answers about ABAQUS / ABAQUS license check
Last post by Mark Barkey - November 16, 2020, 02:54:23 PM
Execute this command to check on the ABAQUS license status:

Abaqus licensing ru
HyperMesh / how to fix: nodes do not appe...
Last post by Mark Barkey - October 31, 2020, 09:14:40 PM
I've seen an issue in Hypermesh 2019 in which the nodes do not appear on the screen.  This makes it impossible to use Hypermesh effectively.

Here is the fix:

create a system variable HW_USE_OPENCL with a value of 0

Scripting and Python / Re: ODB temperature writer
Last post by Mark Barkey - October 07, 2020, 12:15:49 AM
Need to add that this won't work if you run it from ABAQUS CAE, you must run from command window as ABAQUS python scriptname.py
AEM class related files / Re: HW-13 Buckling Analysis of...
Last post by Mark Barkey - September 05, 2020, 03:32:04 AM
The are two input files in there.
AEM class related files / Re: HW-13 Buckling Analysis of...
Last post by mahdi - September 04, 2020, 06:20:53 AM
Dear professor Barkey
Thank you so much for sharing your projects. I would be so thankful if I could have abaqus file of this project.
best regards
Mahdi
Hi--I think scripting is definitely what you want to do.  I have some youtube videos on basic scripting.  I think that may be a place to start.  I do not have a script for your particular problem--but if you develop one, I would encourage you to post it here so that others can benefit from your effort. 

Take care,
MEB
First of all, thanks for the forum!
I am trying to read results for an ABAQUS model (R.C.C Joint). It has more then  4000 frames, for reverse cyclic loading. How to import results into Microsoft Excel with python scripting inside ABAQUS for All frames at one time. I know the basic procedure from GUI but i am searching for some easy method with python script. The output i want to import is RF and U2.
Noting that, the file is very large and i am not able to get the results from XY data as my PC stop working due to larger file.
Thanks!
AEM class related files / 2020 Theory of Elasticity Assi...
Last post by Mark Barkey - March 31, 2020, 04:04:21 PM